This article addresses steps to change or reset your Plum account password, and the basic troubleshooting if you are having difficulties resetting your password.
Plum passwords must:
- Be at least 10 characters long
- Include at least one number
- Include at least one capital letter
- Include at least one special character
- Not be a generic word, such as “password”
- Not be not your email address
Changing the password of your Plum account
1. Log into Plum at https://secure.plum.io/login
2. Navigate to Account, under My Plum.
3. Click on the Settings tab
4. Click on the blue pencil icon next to Password.
You forgot your password and you wish to reset it
If you forgot your password or you wish to reset it, you can do so by entering your email address here. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it.
Please note that you will not receive a password reset email if there is no Plum account created with your email address.
Troubleshooting steps for issues resetting your password
- Are you sure that you have an existing Plum account with that email address? You may want to try with a different email address if you are not sure. You will only receive the reset password email if you have an existing Plum account with the email you entered.
Did you access the assessment out of a direct link from your email? Your login attempt may be unsuccessful if you have not set a password yet for your Plum account. Some employers use loginless links for your Plum assessment, which means you don't need to login to complete the assessment. Once you click on the link, you will receive an email that will invite you to set your password for your Plum account.
- We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser, in its most updated version. This ensures the ultimate platform performance, hence the performance of the reset password function.
- Delete your Google browser history and cache, and close your browser windows.
- Paste this link in your browser: https://secure.plum.io/en/reset
- Enter your email address, reviewing it to ensure there is no typographic error.
- Please consult your email inbox as well as your SPAM folder for an email from email@example.com titled "Password reset for Plum"
- Is the email firstname.lastname@example.org blacklisted from your organization? If so, please ask your IT department to whitelist it.
- If you still have not received your password reset email after these steps, we recommend trying steps ii. to vi. with a different browser (Firefox, Edge or Safari) or a different computer/device to see if you are successful. Depending on your browser, certain plugins or add-ons can affect the performance of the password reset function.
If you manage resetting your password but that you cannot successfully login, we invite you to consult the following article: