Decision making is the ability to make high-quality decisions based on limited information.
Someone who is high in this Talent is able to:
- Clearly explain their reasoning for a decision to the necessary parties
- Demonstrate confidence in and advocate for a decision once it is made
- Implement plans that are designed to avoid critical errors
- Take calculated risks in the pursuit of company interests
Decision Making is composed of the competencies:
- Acting with Confidence: Making decisions confidently, decisively, with positivity, and with a clear rationale.
- Evaluating Consequences of Decisions: Listing, considering, and evaluating consequences before making decisions.
- Generating Alternative Solutions: Defining the problem, collecting information and ideas, and considering alternatives before making decisions.
- Taking Responsibility for Outcomes: Accepting responsibility for unintended consequences and incorporating criticism and feedback to avoid future mistakes.