Persuasion is the ability to convince others of a direction, activity, or idea, and influence decision-making.
Someone who is high in this Talent is able to:
- Constructively respond to resistance towards a change
- Be confident and enthusiastic about what they are advocating for
- Establish personal connections with those they are trying to influence
- Negotiate effectively
Persuasion is composed of the competencies:
- Overcoming Resistance: Compelling others to change their position by establishing an emotional connection, using logic and data, and respecting opposing views.
- Promoting Ideas for Change: Promoting change by communicating a shared vision, focusing on opportunities, demonstrating value, and being positive.
- Shaping Conversations Toward Goals: Gathering support for goals by encouraging dialogue, finding common ground, and negotiating compromises.