Managing Others is the ability to take charge of a group and motivate group members toward common goals.
Someone who is high in this Talent is able to:
- Provide guidance, advice, and coaching
- Give clear direction and inspire others to head in that direction
- Assess others' strengths and weaknesses
- Create project plans that align the efforts and goals of all involved
Managing Others is composed of the competencies:
- Building Common Purpose: Aligning others toward a common goal by providing clarification, working cooperatively, and encouraging positivity.
- Coaching and Developing Others: Developing others by identifying strengths and development needs, giving feedback, setting goals, and facilitating improvement.
- Inspiring and Motivating Others: Motivating others to reach goals by exhibiting positivity and passion, and encouraging a team mindset.
- Monitoring Contributions and Performance: Setting expectations, monitoring performance, and providing feedback to encourage continuous improvement.
- Providing Direction and Coordinating Actions: Directing activities by taking control, planning, organizing, and delegating work.
- Rewarding and Recognizing Contributions: Recognizing contributions by celebrating results as a team and giving feedback, praise, and credit where it is due.