Embracing diversity is the ability to understand others' perspectives and deal effectively with different types of people.
Someone who is high in this Talent is able to:
- Appreciate and enjoy the company of people with different backgrounds at work
- Respect others' perspectives and beliefs even when different from their own
- Contribute to an accepting environment for people with varying backgrounds (e.g., through open discussion)
Embracing Diversity is composed of the competencies:
- Encouraging Diversity and Participation: Seeking contributions, working cooperatively, and expressing respect for people from diverse backgrounds and with differing perspectives.
- Looking for Similarities Between People: Seeking and focusing on commonalities between people (e.g., shared goals, shared values).
- Understanding Different Values and Belief Systems: Researching, interacting with, and respectfully inquiring about people with different backgrounds, values, and beliefs.