How do I revoke my HR staff’s access to Plum when they leave my company?
When a member of your HR team who was active in your Plum account leaves your company, it is important to restrict their access to Plum to ensure your company and candidate data is protected.
Your Plum Account’s Super Admin(s) and User Admin(s) have the permission to revoke user roles, and therefore should be the individuals involved in managing departing users.
Some key recommendations:
- We recommend mandating key individuals as Plum Super Admins or User Admins, and building an internal workflow to ensure they are advised when a member of your team leaves the Company, so they can revoke their access to Plum.
- If you have an internal IT department, you may ask them to add Plum as a vendor on an employee’s exit list of account accesses to deactivate, and nominate your IT desk representative as a User Admin in Plum.
How do I revoke a user’s access to my company’s Plum dashboard?
To revoke access to Plum for a departing employee, simply remove them from the Company tab by clicking on the X at the end of their row. When an employee is removed from the Company tab:
- Their access to the Plum dashboard is terminated (Company, Recruiting, Talent, Match Criteria and/or Analytics)
- The employee does not receive any notification informing them that their access to Plum was terminated.
- Their platform role is deactivated. However, if at a later date the employee is re-added to the Company Tab, their previous role(s) will be automatically re-activated. To prevent this, we recommend removing the user’s role before deleting them from the Company Tab.
- If they were an Expert Contributor to a Match Criteria, their Match Criteria Contribution(s) remain, and they still appear in the Expert Contributors tab of their Match Criteria. However, they can no longer see any Match Criteria.
- If they were members of a Job Req, or Admins of a Talent Group or Map, they will disappear from these instances. They will no longer be able to see their Job Reqs, Groups or Maps.
- Their access to their personal Plum Profile remains (Top 3 Talents, Work Style, Work Preferences, Applied). You can inform your employee that they may send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to change their Plum account email address to a personal email address to maintain the access to their Plum Profile.
For more information, consult our Help Center section on Company User Roles and Permissions