How Do I Create a Group?
Please note that only individuals with the Super Admin, Talent Admin or Talent Specialist role can create Groups. To add an Employee to a Group, they must first be added as a Company Employee under the Company tab of your Plum dashboard. Individuals can be Employees of several Groups simultaneously.
- Navigate to the Groups dashboard in Talent Management.
- Select Add Group in the top right corner. You can then enter the Group name and Description.
3. Select your Group Collaborators: In the Collaborators tab, click on Add Collaborators. You can then search for individuals based on their first name, last name, or email address. Individuals must have been preemptively added to the Company tab to be added as Collaborators. For more information about adding Collaborators, read this article.
Read this article and access the User Permissions Level > Talent Management section for a list of all tasks associated to the Group Collaborators Permission.
Please note that individuals with the Super Admin or Talent Admin role have access to all Groups and features. Individuals with the Talent Specialist role have full permissions but only on the Talent Collections that they created or are a Collaborator of.
Any Group Collaborators (added on a per-Group basis) that was not granted such role will only have visibility to the Groups that they are a Collaborator for. They will not have any editing ability on the Group. They are indicated as View Only in the Collaborators tab of your Group. Please find the detailed list of roles and permissions here.
- To add Employees to your Group, navigate to the Employees tab and Click on Add Employees.
Search for one or more employees by name or email address and select one or more employees from the drop-down. Search for employees within an existing talent collection (Group, Map, Cohort) by collection name and import that entire collection into the Cohort. Select one or more collections from the drop-down to import all employees within that collection.
- Employees must be preemptively added to the Company tab to show up in the search.
- Only individuals with "employee" status can be added. Individuals with "non-employee" status cannot be added to the Employees tab.
- The import from collections feature is not dynamic. If additional employees are added to or removed from a collection after that collection has been imported, it will not be updated in the Cohort. You must re-add the collection to reflect the changes.
Find out more about adding or removing Employees here.
- What is a Talent Group?
- How Do I Add and Remove Employees from the Employees Tab (in a Talent Collection)?
- How Can I Request/Remind an Employee or Several Employees to Complete their Plum Discovery Survey?
- What are Talent Insights/Talent Columns?