Why would I create a Talent Group?
Talent Groups are an agile tool that you can leverage for several use cases:
- Sets of employees you wish to gather Plum Profiles and Talent Guides for
- Teams for a team insights analysis
- Company departments
- Regional divisions
- Potential successors
- Employee sets for succession planning or an emerging leadership exercise
- Potential mentees for mentoring opportunities
- Any other purpose for which you deem the Talent Groups useful in your organization!
What are Talent Groups?
Talent Groups are an agile tool for you to organize and structure your employees to suit several of your organization’s needs. Think of Talent Groups as a subset or collection of employees that you would like to collect data on. They can be used to organize employees between regional divisions, departments, potential successors, teams, or any other characteristic deemed useful to your talent management team.
Talent Groups do not have a Match Criteria component, meaning a Group is not attached to a specific Match Criteria. They allow you to view, filter down, and compare Members based on their top three talents. Alternatively, you may also view and filter Members based on up to three talents that you can select with the Talent Insights feature in the Members tab.
The Talent Groups can be used for team management, employee development and as a precursor to the use of Talent Maps. As part of our professional services, Talent Groups can also help you gather data for Internal Benchmark or Emerging Leadership exercises.
One Stop Shop for Employee Profiles and Talent Guides
Talent Groups allow you to collect, organize and compare a set of employee’s Plum Profiles and/or Talent Guides, based on their results from the Plum Discovery Survey. Getting employees to take the assessment has never been easier as Talent Groups allow you to send a notification to several or all the Group Members to complete their Plum Discovery Survey. Upon completion, you can access a Group Member’s Plum Profile by clicking on their name in the Members tab.
Talent Insights: Understanding your team better
Talent Insights, in the Members’ tab of a Group or a Map, allow you to view, filter down and compare employees based on their top three talents or on their performance against a selection of talents.
Precursors to Talent Maps
If your organization is using Talent Maps in the context of succession planning or a reorganization for example, Talent Groups can be created in preparation of importing sets of employees for the Talent Maps.
- How do I create a Talent Group?
- How Do I Add and Remove Members from the Members Tab (in a Talent Map or a Talent Group)?
- How can I request/remind an employee or several employees to complete their Plum Discovery Survey?
- What are Talent Insights/Talent Columns?