Stability is the extent someone is calm under pressure, even-tempered, and resistant to the effects of stress and unexpected changes. It is the degree to which someone is calm, steady and composed.
In terms of workplace behavior, Stability is the disposition/likelihood for:
- Operating effectively in stressful situations.
- Continuing to produce work without error when under the stress of multiple or conflicting demands.
- Remaining objective and calm when in the midst of conflict situations.
- Managing difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Maintaining composure and grace under pressure.