Self Regard is the extent that someone has a positive self-image, is satisfied with who they are as a person, and tends to be self-assured and optimistic. It is the degree to which someone is content, secure and cheerful.
In terms of workplace behavior, Self Regard is the disposition/likelihood for:
- Accepting criticism and feedback from coworkers and customers.
- Dealing positively with obstacles and failures.
- Sharing responsibility for direction and performance of the team.
- Taking responsibility for one's own actions, even when they result in errors.
- Using intuition and experience to complement data.