Intellectual Disposition is the extent that someone enjoys learning new things, is interested in different ideas, and tends to imagine how things could be different. It is the degree to which someone is analytical, curious and imaginative.
In terms of workplace behavior, Intellectual Disposition is the disposition/likelihood for:
- Suggesting creative or original ideas.
- Identifying, developing, or recognizing solutions to work-related problems.
- Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
- Basing decisions on facts, logic, and experience rather than on intuition.
- Changing an approach or method to best fit the situation.