Industriousness is the extent that someone maintains high standards, aspires to challenging goals and is willing to put forth extra effort. It is the degree to which someone is purposeful, efficient, and ambitious.
In terms of workplace behavior, Industriousness is the disposition/likelihood for:
- Finding ways to improve the way work is done.
- Keeping up with the pace and flow of work.
- Establishing challenging long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Perseverance in the pursuit of work goals, even when initially unsuccessful.
- Working to excel at, rather than to merely perform, assigned tasks.