Mannerliness is the extent that someone is pleasant to others, willing to cooperate, and considerate. It is the degree to which someone is modest, unassuming, and courteous. Mannerliness is sometimes referred to as compliance and politeness.
In terms of workplace behavior, Mannerliness is the disposition/likelihood for:
- Developing good relationships even with others who are disagreeable or difficult.
- Communicating tactfully and considerately with others.
- Interacting with coworkers in a courteous, friendly manner.
- Compromising to achieve organizational goals, even at the cost of personal or work unit advantage.
- Working with dissatisfied customers or clients to achieve a mutually agreeable solution.