Compassion is the extent that someone shows empathy, sympathy, and warmth toward others; shows a tendency for being understanding and forgiving of mistakes. It is the degree to which someone is forgiving, helpful and trusting.
In terms of workplace behavior, Compassion is the disposition/likelihood for:
- Providing support/service to others.
- Participating in and committing to team goals.
- Displaying courtesy and sensitivity in difficult social situations at work.
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.